The choice of the person to fill a President’s Chief of Staff position is a decent indicator of the style and tone of the Presidency to come. Look at George W. Bush and his selection of Karl Rove.
Obama has now, according to news reports, chosen fellow Chicagoan Rahm Emanuel (D-IL 5th).
We know that Mr. Obama has the most liberal voting record in the Senate, but what about his Chief of Staff?
According to ontheissues.org, a website I found near the top of the page upon Googling “Rahm Emanuel voting record”, Rahm Emanuel has a:
- 100% rating by the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL)
- 100% rating by the Human Rights Campaign, a militantly pro-homosexual organization
- 100% rating by the left-leaning National Education Association
- 100% rating by the American Public Health Association
- 100% rating by the anti-nuclear weapons organization SANE
- 100% rating by the Alliance of Retired Americans
- 100% rating by Citizens for Tax Justice, a pro-progressive tax policy organization
- 95% rating by the League of Consevation Voters
- 92% rating by Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- 87% rating by the AFL-CIO
- 67% rating by the Campaign for America’s Future, a pro-energy independence organization
- 39% rating by the US Chamber of Commerce,
- 23% rating by the National Taxpayers’ Union (NTU)
- 8% rating by the Christian Coalition
- 8% rating by US Border Control
- 0% rating by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR)
- F rating by the NRA
On the World’s Smallest Political Quiz based upon his voting record, Rahm Emanuel shows up with a social score of 80% and an economic score of 20%, making him a ‘Hard Core Liberal’.
And this is the man President-elect Obama, who will supposedly ‘unite’ the American People, wants as his Chief of Staff????
Hold on people, we’re in for a very bumpy ride for the next 1459 days or so!
Filed under: General |